English to English
1. the angular distance between an imaginary line around a heavenly body parallel to its equator and the equator itself
2. freedom from normal restraints in conduct
the new freedom in movies and novels|allowed his children considerable latitude in how they spent their money
3. an imaginary line around the Earth parallel to the equator
4. scope for freedom of e.g. action or thought; freedom from restriction
5. Extent from side to side, or distance sidewise from a given point or line; breadth; width.