English to English
1. going or proceeding or going in advance; showing the way
we rode in the leading car|the leading edge of technology
2. Guiding; directing; controlling; foremost; as, a leading motive; a leading man; a leading example.
3. indicating the most important performer or role
the leading man|prima ballerina|prima donna|a star figure skater|the starring role|a stellar role|a stellar performance
4. greatest in importance or degree or significance or achievement
our greatest statesmen|the country's leading poet|a preeminent archeologist
5. having the leading position or higher score in a contest
he is ahead by a pawn|the leading team in the pennant race
6. thin strip of metal used to separate lines of type in printing
7. the activity of leading
his leadership inspired the team
8. The act of guiding, directing, governing, or enticing; guidance.