English to English
1. the superlative of `little' that can be used with mass nouns and is usually preceded by `the'; a quantifier meaning smallest in amount or extent or degree
didn't care the least bit|he has the least talent of anyone
2. Smallest, either in size or degree; shortest; lowest; most unimportant; as, the least insect; the least mercy; the least space.
3. used to form the superlative
The garter snake is the least dangerous snake
4. In the smallest or lowest degree; in a degree below all others; as, to reward those who least deserve it.
5. See Lest, conj.
6. something that is of no importance
it is the least I can do|that is the least of my concerns