English to English
1. a room where books are kept
they had brandy in the library
2. a collection of literary documents or records kept for reference or borrowing
3. a depository built to contain books and other materials for reading and study
4. (computing) a collection of standard programs and subroutines that are stored and available for immediate use
5. a building that houses a collection of books and other materials
6. A considerable collection of books kept for use, and not as merchandise; as, a private library; a public library.