English to English
1. Contrary to reason or propriety; obviously and flatly opposed to manifest truth; inconsistent with the plain dictates of common sense; logically contradictory; nonsensical; ridiculous; as, an absurd person, an absurd opinion; an absurd dream.
2. inconsistent with reason or logic or common sense
the absurd predicament of seeming to argue that virtue is highly desirable but intensely unpleasant
3. incongruous;inviting ridicule
the absurd excuse that the dog ate his homework|that's a cockeyed idea|ask a nonsensical question and get a nonsensical answer|a contribution so small as to be laughable|it is ludicrous to call a cottage a mansion|a preposterous attempt to turn back the pages of history|her conceited assumption of universal interest in her rather dull chil
4. a situation in which life seems irrational and meaningless
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth
5. An absurdity.
Indonesian to Indonesian
6. tidak masuk akal; mustahil