English to English
1. a strong positive emotion of regard and affection
his love for his work|children need a lot of love
2. any object of warm affection or devotion
the theater was her first love|he has a passion for cock fighting
3. a beloved person; used as terms of endearment
4. a deep feeling of sexual desire and attraction
their love left them indifferent to their surroundings|she was his first love
5. a score of zero in tennis or squash
it was 40 love
6. sexual activities (often including sexual intercourse) between two people
his lovemaking disgusted her|he hadn't had any love in months|he has a very complicated love life
7. A feeling of strong attachment induced by that which delights or commands admiration; preëminent kindness or devotion to another; affection; tenderness; as, the love of brothers and sisters.
8. have a great affection or liking for
I love French food|She loves her boss and works hard for him
9. get pleasure from
I love cooking
10. be enamored or in love with
She loves her husband deeply
11. have sexual intercourse with
This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm|Adam knew Eve|Were you ever intimate with this man?
12. To have a feeling of love for; to regard with affection or good will; as, to love one's children and friends; to love one's country; to love one's God.
13. To have the feeling of love; to be in love.