English to English
1. any mechanical or electrical device that transmits or modifies energy to perform or assist in the performance of human tasks
2. an efficient person
the boxer was a magnificent fighting machine
3. an intricate organization that accomplishes its goals efficiently
the war machine
4. a device for overcoming resistance at one point by applying force at some other point
5. a group that controls the activities of a political party
he was endorsed by the Democratic machine
6. a motor vehicle with four wheels; usually propelled by an internal combustion engine
he needs a car to get to work
7. In general, any combination of bodies so connected that their relative motions are constrained, and by means of which force and motion may be transmitted and modified, as a screw and its nut, or a lever arranged to turn about a fulcrum or a pulley about its pivot, etc.; especially, a construction, more or less complex, consisting of a combination of moving parts, or simple mechanical elements, as wheels, levers, cams, etc., with their supports and connecting framework, calculated to constitute a prime mover, or to receive force and motion from a prime mover or from another machine, and transmit, modify, and apply them to the production of some desired mechanical effect or work, as weaving by a loom, or the excitation of electricity by an electrical machine.
8. turn, shape, mold, or otherwise finish by machinery
9. make by machinery
The Americans were machining while others still hand-made cars
10. To subject to the action of machinery; to effect by aid of machinery; to print with a printing machine.