English to English
1. a public area set aside as a pedestrian walk
2. mercantile establishment consisting of a carefully landscaped complex of shops representing leading merchandisers; usually includes restaurants and a convenient parking area; a modern version of the traditional marketplace
a good plaza should have a movie house|they spent their weekends at the local malls
3. A large heavy wooden beetle; a mallet for driving anything with force; a maul.
4. Formerly, among Teutonic nations, a meeting of the notables of a state for the transaction of public business, such meeting being a modification of the ancient popular assembly.
5. To beat with a mall; to beat with something heavy; to bruise; to maul.