English to English
1. The handling or government of anything, but esp. of a horse; management; administration. See Manege.
2. be successful; achieve a goal
She succeeded in persuading us all|I managed to carry the box upstairs|She pulled it off, even though we never thought her capable of it|The pianist negociated the difficult runs
3. be in charge of, act on, or dispose of
I can deal with this crew of workers|This blender can't handle nuts|She managed her parents' affairs after they got too old
4. come to terms with
We got by on just a gallon of gas|They made do on half a loaf of bread every day
5. watch and direct
Who is overseeing this project?
6. achieve something by means of trickery or devious methods
7. carry on or function
We could do with a little more help around here
8. handle effectively
The burglar wielded an axe|The young violinist didn't manage her bow very well
9. To have under control and direction; to conduct; to guide; to administer; to treat; to handle.
10. To direct affairs; to carry on business or affairs; to administer.