English to English
1. containing or made of or resembling or characteristic of a metal
a metallic compound|metallic luster|the strange metallic note of the meadow lark, suggesting the clash of vibrant blades
2. any of several chemical elements that are usually shiny solids that conduct heat or electricity and can be formed into sheets etc.
3. a mixture containing two or more metallic elements or metallic and nonmetallic elements usually fused together or dissolving into each other when molten
brass is an alloy of zinc and copper
4. An elementary substance, as sodium, calcium, or copper, whose oxide or hydroxide has basic rather than acid properties, as contrasted with the nonmetals, or metalloids. No sharp line can be drawn between the metals and nonmetals, and certain elements partake of both acid and basic qualities, as chromium, manganese, bismuth, etc.
5. cover with metal
6. To cover with metal; as, to metal a ship's bottom; to metal a road.
Indonesian to Indonesian
7. barang tambang, biasanya berupa bahan dasar berat dan padat, mempunyai sifat tertentu, msl berkilau, dapat dibengkokkan, dapat ditempa, dapat dilebur (dicor) dng menggunakan panas api dan listrik, spt besi, baja, perak; logam