English to English
1. the essential qualities or characteristics by which something is recognized
it is the nature of fire to burn|the true nature of jealousy
2. a causal agent creating and controlling things in the universe
the laws of nature|nature has seen to it that men are stronger than women
3. the natural physical world including plants and animals and landscapes etc.
they tried to preserve nature as they found it
4. the complex of emotional and intellectual attributes that determine a person's characteristic actions and reactions
it is his nature to help others
5. a particular type of thing
problems of this type are very difficult to solve|he's interested in trains and things of that nature|matters of a personal nature
6. The existing system of things; the world of matter, or of matter and mind; the creation; the universe.
7. To endow with natural qualities.