English to English
1. periodic maintenance on a car or machine
it was time for an overhaul on the tractor
2. the act of improving by renewing and restoring
they are pursuing a general program of renovation to the entire property|a major overhal of the healthcare system was proposed
3. A strict examination with a view to correction or repairs.
4. travel past
The sports car passed all the trucks
5. make repairs, renovations, revisions or adjustments to
You should overhaul your car engine|overhaul the health care system
6. To haul or drag over; hence, to turn over for examination; to inspect; to examine thoroughly with a view to corrections or repairs.