English to English
1. Of or pertaining to paper; made of paper; resembling paper; existing only on paper; unsubstantial; as, a paper box; a paper army.
2. a material made of cellulose pulp derived mainly from wood or rags or certain grasses
3. an essay (especially one written as an assignment)
he got an A on his composition
4. a daily or weekly publication on folded sheets; contains news and articles and advertisements
he read his newspaper at breakfast
5. a medium for written communication
the notion of an office running without paper is absurd
6. a scholarly article describing the results of observations or stating hypotheses
he has written many scientific papers
7. a business firm that publishes newspapers
Murdoch owns many newspapers
8. the physical object that is the product of a newspaper publisher
when it began to rain he covered his head with a newspaper
9. A substance in the form of thin sheets or leaves intended to be written or printed on, or to be used in wrapping. It is made of rags, straw, bark, wood, or other fibrous material, which is first reduced to pulp, then molded, pressed, and dried.
10. cover with paper
paper the box
11. cover with wallpaper
12. To cover with paper; to furnish with paper hangings; as, to paper a room or a house.