English to English
1. one of several distinct subdivisions of a text intended to separate ideas; the beginning is usually marked by a new indented line
2. Originally, a marginal mark or note, set in the margin to call attention to something in the text, e. g., a change of subject; now, the character ¶, commonly used in the text as a reference mark to a footnote, or to indicate the place of a division into sections.
3. divide into paragraphs, as of text
This story is well paragraphed
4. write about in a paragraph
All her friends were paragraphed in last Monday's paper
5. write paragraphs; work as a paragrapher
6. To divide into paragraphs; to mark with the character ¶.