English to English
1. See 2d Parol.
2. a promise
he gave his word
3. a secret word or phrase known only to a restricted group
he forgot the password
4. (law) a conditional release from imprisonment that entitles the person to serve the remainder of the sentence outside the prison as long as the terms of release are complied with
5. A word; an oral utterance.
6. release a criminal from detention and place him on parole
The prisoner was paroled after serving 10 years in prison
7. To set at liberty on parole; as, to parole prisoners.