English to English
1. earlier than the present time; no longer current
time past|his youth is past|this past Thursday|the past year
2. Of or pertaining to a former time or state; neither present nor future; gone by; elapsed; ended; spent; as, past troubles; past offences.
3. of a person who has held and relinquished a position or office
a retiring member of the board
4. so as to pass a given point
every hour a train goes past
5. By; beyond; as, he ran past.
6. the time that has elapsed
forget the past
7. a earlier period in someone's life (especially one that they have reason to keep secret)
reporters dug into the candidate's past
8. a verb tense that expresses actions or states in the past
9. A former time or state; a state of things gone by.
10. Beyond, in position, or degree; further than; beyond the reach or influence of.