English to English
1. enduring trying circumstances with even temper or characterized by such endurance
a patient smile|was patient with the children|an exact and patient scientist|please be patient
2. Having the quality of enduring; physically able to suffer or bear.
3. a person who requires medical care
the number of emergency patients has grown rapidly
4. the semantic role of an entity that is not the agent but is directly involved in or affected by the happening denoted by the verb in the clause
5. ONe who, or that which, is passively affected; a passive recipient.
6. To compose, to calm.