English to English
1. the act of providing approval and support
his vigorous backing of the conservatives got him in trouble with progressives
2. customers collectively
they have an upper class clientele
3. a communication that indicates lack of respect by patronizing the recipient
4. (politics) granting favors or giving contracts or making appointments to office in return for political support
5. the business given to a commercial establishment by its customers
even before noon there was a considerable patronage
6. Special countenance or support; favor, encouragement, or aid, afforded to a person or a work; as, the patronage of letters; patronage given to an author.
7. support by being a patron of
8. be a regular customer or client of
We patronize this store|Our sponsor kept our art studio going for as long as he could
9. To act as a patron of; to maintain; to defend.