English to English
1. (plural) any group of human beings (men or women or children) collectively
old people|there were at least 200 people in the audience
2. the body of citizens of a state or country
the Spanish people
3. members of a family line
his people have been farmers for generations|are your people still alive?
4. the common people generally
separate the warriors from the mass|power to the people
5. The body of persons who compose a community, tribe, nation, or race; an aggregate of individuals forming a whole; a community; a nation.
6. fill with people
Stalin wanted to people the empty steppes
7. furnish with people
The plains are sparsely populated
8. To stock with people or inhabitants; to fill as with people; to populate.