English to English
1. a person whose behavior deviates from what is acceptable especially in sexual behavior
2. One who has been perverted; one who has turned to error, especially in religion; -- opposed to convert. See the Synonym of Convert.
3. corrupt morally or by intemperance or sensuality
debauch the young people with wine and women|Socrates was accused of corrupting young men|Do school counselors subvert young children?|corrupt the morals
4. practice sophistry; change the meaning of or be vague about in order to mislead or deceive
Don't twist my words
5. change the inherent purpose or function of something
Don't abuse the system|The director of the factory misused the funds intended for the health care of his workers
6. To turnanother way; to divert.
7. To become perverted; to take the wrong course.