English to English
1. Pertaining to, or resembling, an infant; young or little; as, baby swans.
2. a very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk
the baby began to cry again|she held the baby in her arms|it sounds simple, but when you have your own baby it is all so different
3. the youngest member of a group (not necessarily young)
the baby of the family|the baby of the Supreme Court
4. an immature childish person
he remained a child in practical matters as long as he lived|stop being a baby!
5. an unborn child; a human fetus
I felt healthy and very feminine carrying the baby|it was great to feel my baby moving about inside
6. (slang) sometimes used as a term of address for attractive young women
7. a very young mammal
8. a project of personal concern to someone
this project is his baby
9. An infant or young child of either sex; a babe.
10. treat with excessive indulgence
grandparents often pamper the children|Let's not mollycoddle our students!
11. To treat like a young child; to keep dependent; to humor; to fondle.