English to English
1. a river in western Thailand; a major tributary of the Chao Phraya
2. a sharp high-pitched resonant sound (as of a sonar echo or a bullet striking metal)
3. The sound made by a bullet in striking a solid object or in passing through the air.
4. hit with a pinging noise
The bugs pinged the lamp shade
5. sound like a car engine that is firing too early
the car pinged when I put in low-octane gasoline|The car pinked when the ignition was too far retarded
6. make a short high-pitched sound
the bullet pinged when they struck the car
7. contact, usually in order to remind of something
I'll ping my accountant--April 15 is nearing
8. send a message from one computer to another to check whether it is reachable and active
ping your machine in the office
9. To make the sound called ping.