English to English
1. someone who helps to open up a new line of research or technology or art
2. one the first colonists or settlers in a new territory
they went west as pioneers with only the possessions they could carry with them
3. A soldier detailed or employed to form roads, dig trenches, and make bridges, as an army advances.
4. open up an area or prepare a way
She pioneered a graduate program for women students
5. take the lead or initiative in; participate in the development of
This South African surgeon pioneered heart transplants
6. open up and explore a new area
7. To go before, and prepare or open a way for; to act as pioneer.