English to English
1. (baseball) the person who does the pitching
our pitcher has a sore arm
2. an open vessel with a handle and a spout for pouring
3. the quantity contained in a pitcher
4. (botany) a leaf that that is modified in such a way as to resemble a pitcher or ewer
5. the position on a baseball team of the player who throws the ball for a batter to try to hit
he has played every position except pitcher|they have a southpaw on the mound
6. One who pitches anything, as hay, quoits, a ball, etc.; specifically (Baseball), the player who delivers the ball to the batsman.
7. A wide-mouthed, deep vessel for holding liquids, with a spout or protruding lip and a handle; a water jug or jar with a large ear or handle.