English to English
1. of or concerning the theory of pragmatism
2. Of or pertaining to business or to affairs; of the nature of business; practical; material; businesslike in habit or manner.
3. concerned with practical matters
a matter-of-fact (or pragmatic) approach to the problem|a matter-of-fact account of the trip
4. guided by practical experience and observation rather than theory
a hardheaded appraisal of our position|a hard-nosed labor leader|completely practical in his approach to business|not ideology but pragmatic politics
5. an imperial decree that becomes part of the fundamental law of the land
6. One skilled in affairs.