English to English
1. something that serves as a preceding event or introduces what follows
training is a necessary preliminary to employment|drinks were the overture to dinner
2. music that precedes a fugue or introduces an act in an opera
3. An introductory performance, preceding and preparing for the principal matter; a preliminary part, movement, strain, etc.; especially (Mus.), a strain introducing the theme or chief subject; a movement introductory to a fugue, yet independent; -- with recent composers often synonymous with overture.
4. serve as a prelude or opening to
5. play as a prelude
6. To play an introduction or prelude; to give a prefatory performance; to serve as prelude.
7. To introduce with a previous performance; to play or perform a prelude to; as, to prelude a concert with a lively air.
Indonesian to Indonesian
8. 1 Mus lagu pendek yg dicipta untuk mengawali atau mengantarkan pergelaran nyanyian atau musik yg sebenarnya; 2 ki pendahuluan yg mengisyaratkan atau menyebabkan suatu rangkaian kejadian