English to English
1. First; chief; principal; as, the premier place; premier minister.
2. first in rank or degree
an architect of premier rank|the prime minister
3. preceding all others in time
the premiere showing
4. the person who holds the position of head of the government in the United Kingdom
5. the person who is head of state (in several countries)
6. The first minister of state; the prime minister.
7. be performed for the first time
We premiered the opera of the young composer and it was a critical success
8. perform a work for the first time