English to English
1. The process, or result, of baking.
2. cook and make edible by putting in a hot oven
bake the potatoes
3. prepare with dry heat in an oven
bake a cake
4. heat by a natural force
The sun broils the valley in the summer
5. be very hot, due to hot weather or exposure to the sun
The town was broiling in the sun|the tourists were baking in the heat
6. To prepare, as food, by cooking in a dry heat, either in an oven or under coals, or on heated stone or metal; as, to bake bread, meat, apples.
7. To do the work of baking something; as, she brews, washes, and bakes.