English to English
1. the property of having material worth (often indicated by the amount of money something would bring if sold)
the fluctuating monetary value of gold and silver|he puts a high price on his services|he couldn't calculate the cost of the collection
2. the amount of money needed to purchase something
the price of gasoline|he got his new car on excellent terms|how much is the damage?
3. value measured by what must be given or done or undergone to obtain something
the cost in human life was enormous|the price of success is hard work|what price glory?
4. the high value or worth of something
her price is far above rubies
5. a monetary reward for helping to catch a criminal
the cattle thief has a price on his head
6. cost of bribing someone
they say that every politician has a price
7. United States operatic soprano (born 1927)
8. The sum or amount of money at which a thing is valued, or the value which a seller sets on his goods in market; that for which something is bought or sold, or offered for sale; equivalent in money or other means of exchange; current value or rate paid or demanded in market or in barter; cost.
9. determine the price of
The grocer priced his wares high
10. ascertain or learn the price of
Have you priced personal computers lately?
11. To pay the price of.