English to English
1. confined to particular persons or groups or providing privacy
a private place|private discussions|private lessons|a private club|a private secretary|private property|the former President is now a private citizen|public figures struggle to maintain a private life
2. Belonging to, or concerning, an individual person, company, or interest; peculiar to one's self; unconnected with others; personal; one's own; not public; not general; separate; as, a man's private opinion; private property; a private purse; private expenses or interests; a private secretary.
3. concerning things deeply private and personal
private correspondence|private family matters
4. concerning one person exclusively
we all have individual cars|each room has a private bath
5. not expressed
secret (or private) thoughts
6. an enlisted man of the lowest rank in the Army or Marines
our prisoner was just a private and knew nothing of value
7. A secret message; a personal unofficial communication.