English to English
1. a special advantage or immunity or benefit not enjoyed by all
2. a right reserved exclusively by a particular person or group (especially a hereditary or official right)
suffrage was the prerogative of white adult males
3. (law) the right to refuse to divulge information obtained in a confidential relationship
4. A peculiar benefit, advantage, or favor; a right or immunity not enjoyed by others or by all; special enjoyment of a good, or exemption from an evil or burden; a prerogative; advantage; franchise.
5. bestow a privilege upon
6. To grant some particular right or exemption to; to invest with a peculiar right or immunity; to authorize; as, to privilege representatives from arrest.