English to English
1. a particular course of action intended to achieve a result
the procedure of obtaining a driver's license|it was a process of trial and error
2. a process or series of acts especially of a practical or mechanical nature involved in a particular form of work
the operations in building a house|certain machine tool operations
3. a set sequence of steps, part of larger computer program
4. a mode of conducting legal and parliamentary proceedings
5. The act or manner of proceeding or moving forward; progress; process; operation; conduct.