English to English
1. gradual improvement or growth or development
advancement of knowledge|great progress in the arts
2. the act of moving forward (as toward a goal)
3. a movement forward
he listened for the progress of the troops
4. A moving or going forward; a proceeding onward; an advance
5. To make progress; to move forward in space; to continue onward in course; to proceed; to advance; to go on; as, railroads are progressing.
6. develop in a positive way
He progressed well in school|My plants are coming along|Plans are shaping up
7. move forward, also in the metaphorical sense
Time marches on
8. form or accumulate steadily
Resistance to the manager's plan built up quickly|Pressure is building up at the Indian-Pakistani border
9. To make progress in; to pass through.