English to English
1. something owned; any tangible or intangible possession that is owned by someone
that hat is my property|he is a man of property
2. a basic or essential attribute shared by all members of a class
a study of the physical properties of atomic particles
3. any area set aside for a particular purpose
who owns this place?|the president was concerned about the property across from the White House
4. a construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished
self-confidence is not an endearing property
5. any movable articles or objects used on the set of a play or movie
before every scene he ran down his checklist of props
6. That which is proper to anything; a peculiar quality of a thing; that which is inherent in a subject, or naturally essential to it; an attribute; as, sweetness is a property of sugar.
7. To invest which properties, or qualities.