English to English
1. completely prepared or in condition for immediate action or use or progress
get ready|she is ready to resign|the bridge is ready to collapse|I am ready to work|ready for action|ready for use|the soup will be ready in a minute|ready to learn to read
2. Prepared for what one is about to do or experience; equipped or supplied with what is needed for some act or event; prepared for immediate movement or action; as, the troops are ready to march; ready for the journey.
3. (of especially money) immediately available
he seems to have ample ready money|a ready source of cash
4. mentally disposed
he was ready to believe her
5. made suitable and available for immediate use
dinner is ready
6. apprehending and responding with speed and sensitivity
a quick mind|a ready wit
7. In a state of preparation for immediate action; so as to need no delay.
8. poised for action
their guns were at the ready
9. Ready money; cash; -- commonly with the; as, he was well supplied with the ready.
10. prepare for eating by applying heat
Cook me dinner, please|can you make me an omelette?|fix breakfast for the guests, please
11. make ready or suitable or equip in advance for a particular purpose or for some use, event, etc
Get the children ready for school!|prepare for war|I was fixing to leave town after I paid the hotel bill
12. To dispose in order.