English to English
1. a movement back from an impact
2. a reaction to a crisis or setback or frustration
he is still on the rebound from his wife's death
3. the act of securing possession of the rebounding basketball after a missed shot
4. The act of rebounding; resilience.
5. spring back; spring away from an impact
The rubber ball bounced|These particles do not resile but they unite after they collide
6. return to a former condition
The jilted lover soon rallied and found new friends|The stock market rallied
7. To spring back; to start back; to be sent back or reverberated by elastic force on collision with another body; as, a rebounding echo.
8. To send back; to reverberate.