English to English
1. (usually preceded by `in') a detail or point
it differs in that respect
2. paying particular notice (as to children or helpless people)
his attentiveness to her wishes|he spends without heed to the consequences
3. (usually plural) a polite expression of desire for someone's welfare
give him my kind regards|my best wishes
4. a long fixed look
he fixed his paternal gaze on me
5. the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded)
it is held in esteem|a man who has earned high regard
6. a feeling of friendship and esteem
she mistook his manly regard for love|he inspires respect
7. an attitude of admiration or esteem
she lost all respect for him
8. A look; aspect directed to another; view; gaze.
9. deem to be
She views this quite differently from me|I consider her to be shallow|I don't see the situation quite as negatively as you do
10. look at attentively
11. connect closely and often incriminatingly
This new ruling affects your business
12. To keep in view; to behold; to look at; to view; to gaze upon.
13. To look attentively; to consider; to notice.