English to English
1. having or showing belief in and reverence for a deity
a religious man|religious attitude
2. of or relating to clergy bound by monastic vows
the religious or regular clergy conducts the service
3. Of or pertaining to religion; concerned with religion; teaching, or setting forth, religion; set apart to religion; as, a religious society; a religious sect; a religious place; religious subjects, books, teachers, houses, wars.
4. concerned with sacred matters or religion or the church
religious texts|a member of a religious order|lords temporal and spiritual|spiritual leaders|spiritual songs
5. extremely scrupulous and conscientious
religious in observing the rules of health
6. a member of a religious order who is bound by vows of poverty and chastity and obedience
7. A person bound by monastic vows, or sequestered from secular concern, and devoted to a life of piety and religion; a monk or friar; a nun.