English to English
1. standing for something else
the bald eagle is representative of the United States
2. Fitted to represent; exhibiting a similitude.
3. serving to represent or typify
representative moviegoers|a representative modern play
4. being or characteristic of government by representation in which citizens exercise power through elected officers and representatives
representative government as defined by Abraham Lincoln is government of the people, by the people, for the people
5. a person who represents others
6. an advocate who represents someone else's policy or purpose
the meeting was attended by spokespersons for all the major organs of government
7. a member of the United States House of Representatives
8. an item of information that is typical of a class or group
this patient provides a typical example of the syndrome|there is an example on page 10
9. One who, or that which, represents (anything); that which exhibits a likeness or similitude.