English to English
1. living in a particular place
2. used of animals that do not migrate
3. Dwelling, or having an abode, in a place for a continued length of time; residing on one's own estate; -- opposed to nonresident; as, resident in the city or in the country.
4. someone who lives at a particular place for a prolonged period or who was born there
5. a physician (especially an intern) who lives in a hospital and cares for hospitalized patients under the supervision of the medical staff of the hospital
the resident was receiving special clinical training at the hospital
6. One who resides or dwells in a place for some time.