English to English
1. a hotel located in a resort area
2. a frequently visited place
3. something or someone turned to for assistance or security
his only recourse was the police|took refuge in lying
4. act of turning to for assistance
have recourse to the courts|an appeal to his uncle was his last resort
5. Active power or movement; spring.
6. The act of going to, or making application; a betaking one's self; the act of visiting or seeking; recourse; as, a place of popular resort; -- often figuratively; as, to have resort to force.
7. have recourse to
The government resorted to rationing meat
8. move, travel, or proceed toward some place
He repaired to his cabin in the woods
9. To go; to repair; to betake one's self.