English to English
1. (usually preceded by `in') a detail or point
it differs in that respect
2. the condition of being honored (esteemed or respected or well regarded)
it is held in esteem|a man who has earned high regard
3. an attitude of admiration or esteem
she lost all respect for him
4. a courteous expression (by word or deed) of esteem or regard
his deference to her wishes was very flattering|be sure to give my respects to the dean
5. behavior intended to please your parents
their children were never very strong on obedience|he went to law school out of respect for his father's wishes
6. a feeling of friendship and esteem
she mistook his manly regard for love|he inspires respect
7. courteous regard for people's feelings
in deference to your wishes|out of respect for his privacy
8. The act of noticing with attention; the giving particular consideration to; hence, care; caution.
9. regard highly; think much of
I respect his judgement|We prize his creativity
10. show respect towards
honor your parents!
11. To take notice of; to regard with special attention; to regard as worthy of special consideration; hence, to care for; to heed.