English to English
1. Done at retail; engaged in retailing commodities; as a retail trade; a retail grocer.
2. at a retail price
I'll sell it to you retail only
3. the selling of goods to consumers; usually in small quantities and not for resale
4. The sale of commodities in small quantities or parcels; -- opposed to wholesale; sometimes, the sale of commodities at second hand.
5. be sold at the retail level
These gems retail at thousands of dollars each
6. sell on the retail market
7. To sell in small quantities, as by the single yard, pound, gallon, etc.; to sell directly to the consumer; as, to retail cloth or groceries.