English to English
1. A seeking again; a discovery.
2. get or find back; recover the use of
She regained control of herself|She found her voice and replied quickly
3. go for and bring back
retrieve the car from the parking garage
4. run after, pick up, and bring to the master
train the dog to retrieve
5. recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection
I can't remember saying any such thing|I can't think what her last name was|can you remember her phone number?|Do you remember that he once loved you?|call up memories
6. To find again; to recover; to regain; to restore from loss or injury; as, to retrieve one's character; to retrieve independence.
7. To discover and bring in game that has been killed or wounded; as, a dog naturally inclined to retrieve.