English to English
1. any long object resembling a thin line
a mere ribbon of land|the lighted ribbon of traffic|from the air the road was a grey thread|a thread of smoke climbed upward
2. an award for winning a championship or commemorating some other event
3. a long strip of inked material for making characters on paper with a typewriter
4. notion consisting of a narrow strip of fine material used for trimming
5. A fillet or narrow woven fabric, commonly of silk, used for trimming some part of a woman's attire, for badges, and other decorative purposes.
6. To adorn with, or as with, ribbons; to mark with stripes resembling ribbons.