English to English
1. Having the same pretensions or claims; standing in competition for superiority; as, rival lovers; rival claims or pretensions.
2. the contestant you hope to defeat
he had respect for his rivals|he wanted to know what the competition was doing
3. A person having a common right or privilege with another; a partner.
4. be equal to in quality or ability
Nothing can rival cotton for durability|Your performance doesn't even touch that of your colleagues|Her persistence and ambition only matches that of her parents
5. be the rival of, be in competition with
we are rivaling for first place in the race
6. To stand in competition with; to strive to gain some object in opposition to; as, to rival one in love.
7. To be in rivalry.
Indonesian to Indonesian
8. lawan; saingan (dl pertandingan): RRC merupakan -- berat Indonesia dl olahraga