English to English
1. an unforeseen obstacle
2. the act of rubbing or wiping
he gave the hood a quick rub
3. The act of rubbing; friction.
4. move over something with pressure
rub my hands|rub oil into her skin
5. cause friction
my sweater scratches
6. scrape or rub as if to relieve itching
Don't scratch your insect bites!
7. To subject (a body) to the action of something moving over its surface with pressure and friction, especially to the action of something moving back and forth; as, to rub the flesh with the hand; to rub wood with sandpaper.
8. To move along the surface of a body with pressure; to grate; as, a wheel rubs against the gatepost.