English to English
1. (theology) the act of delivering from sin or saving from evil
2. a means of preserving from harm or unpleasantness
tourism was their economic salvation|they turned to individualism as their salvation
3. the state of being saved or preserved from harm
4. saving someone or something from harm or from an unpleasant situation
the salvation of his party was the president's major concern
5. The act of saving; preservation or deliverance from destruction, danger, or great calamity.