English to English
1. the skin that covers the top of the head
they wanted to take his scalp as a trophy
2. A bed of oysters or mussels.
3. That part of the integument of the head which is usually covered with hair.
4. sell illegally, as on the black market
5. remove the scalp of
The enemies were scalped
6. To deprive of the scalp; to cut or tear the scalp from the head of.
7. To make a small, quick profit by slight fluctuations of the market; -- said of brokers who operate in this way on their own account.