English to English
1. an educational institution
the school was founded in 1900
2. a building where young people receive education
the school was built in 1932|he walked to school every morning
3. the process of being formally educated at a school
what will you do when you finish school?
4. a body of creative artists or writers or thinkers linked by a similar style or by similar teachers
the Venetian school of painting
5. the period of instruction in a school; the time period when school is in session
stay after school|he didn't miss a single day of school|when the school day was done we would walk home together
6. an educational institution's faculty and students
the school keeps parents informed|the whole school turned out for the game
7. a large group of fish
a school of small glittering fish swam by
8. A shoal; a multitude; as, a school of fish.
9. A place for learned intercourse and instruction; an institution for learning; an educational establishment; a place for acquiring knowledge and mental training; as, the school of the prophets.
10. educate in or as if in a school
The children are schooled at great cost to their parents in private institutions
11. teach or refine to be discriminative in taste or judgment
Cultivate your musical taste|Train your tastebuds|She is well schooled in poetry
12. swim in or form a large group of fish
A cluster of schooling fish was attracted to the bait
13. To train in an institution of learning; to educate at a school; to teach.